Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
This is my baby brother Frank, or as we fondly call him Fifi. Just a little over two years ago he was diagnosed with cancer. What a shock for our family, but especially Frank. How could someone so young, full of life have cancer? I am sure that is a question Frank asked himself over and over. He was so brave, more brave than I think I could ever be in a situation like that. He fought with all his might and beat the ugly beast that tortured him for months. The picture above was taken two years ago today just as he completed his final treatment for cancer. I am proud to say he is healthy, happy and cancer free. You are a survivor Frank, I am proud to be your big sister. You are not only my baby brother, but one of my best friends and I love you.
Monday, March 23, 2009
1 cup Uncle Bens Converted Rice – only use converted rice
2 cans of cream soup – whatever you prefer – celery, mushroom, chicken
1 cup milk
1 tbsp. butter
1 package dry onion soup mix
Cut up chicken or 4 chicken breasts
Mix everything together in a saucepan except the dry onion soup mix and chicken. Stir mixture and heat on medium until it starts to barely boil. Remove from heat. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Put the rice mixture in the pan and then lay the chicken on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle with the dry onion soup mix.
Bake at 350 degrees for two hours, covering with foil the last 20 minutes.
She says to me....
"Mommy, you forgot something I want to do when I turn four".
"I did, I am so sorry. What did I forget"?
"That I get to crack the egg in the bowl when I turn four".
"Oops, I guess I did forget that one. That's a pretty big responsibility for a four year old".
"Yep, I know".
Okay, so there you have it. Cracking an egg into the bowl is a pretty big priority for my almost four year old. We aim high around here. Actually, this excites me a lot. Hopefully she will enjoy baking just like I do.
Happy Monday everyone!!
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Caroline writing her name with chalk on our driveway.
Having a tea party with mommy and little sis.
Just being cute!
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
7 regular tea bags or 4 large
4 cups water
1 – 1 ½ cups sugar or more to taste
Place water in pan and add tea bags. Heat until almost boiling. Let stand off of direct heat until cooled. Remove tea bags & pour concentrate into gallon container. Add sugar, water to fill and stir.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
20 oz package fudge brownie mix
12 Vanilla Wafer cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare brownies according to package instructions. Coat muffin tin with cooking spray and place one wafer cookie each in bottom of tin.
Spoon 3 tablespoons of brownie batter over each wafer cookie. Unwrap caramels and place one in the center of each brownie, top with small spoonful of batter.
Bake brownies 22 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from tin and serve warm.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
1. I can't stand hunks of meat. This means I won't eat meatloaf, meatballs, any kind of meat concoction that is formed into a ball or loaf. This also means I won't touch any raw meat to be formed into a ball either. I actually can't stand the word loaf - it's kinda gross.
2. Up until the last 10 years or so, I didn't eat tomatoes. Couldn't stand them. I actually really like them now, but not hot or mixed up in any kind of stew, chili, etc...
3. I can't cook bacon. Yes, probably the most basic food you could fix and I usually burn it. And... I always hate how when you peel the bacon off to cook it, it always stretches into about a foot long piece. Does this happen to anyone but me?
4. I always flush the toilet with my foot (except at home of course).
5. I clean my ears everyday.
6. I don't like being late. I actually leave to take Caroline to preschool a 1/2 hr early, just to get a parking space. (that place is a mad house)
7. I love my house to be clean and tidy, but don't really care what the inside of my van looks like.
8. I call my husband "Boy" and he calls me "Girl".
9. I can remember faces, and almost every one's children's names but not the name of their mother. This isn't so good since I am the coordinator of a local Mops group.
10. I am turning 36 in a week, and still feel like I am in my twenties. (I hope I don't act like it - heaven help me)
11. My two closest and oldest friends I met working at McDonald's 19 years ago. We are still as close as we were back then. McDonalds was one of the best jobs I have ever had. Although, you couldn't pay me enough to work there now. What happened to customer service?
12. I love hanging out with my mom. I have always loved that my mom is every one's mom. All of my friends from high school and work loved her. I think some of the guys actually had a crush on her.
13. I don't like for people to touch my neck. It freaks me out.
14. I like to be called Aub.
15. The girls and I love dancing in the living room to Taylor Swift and Brad Paisley. It's the only exercise I get these days.
There you have it. Just some crazy things about me.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
I know that you have all seen the movie Forest Gump right? Do you remember the scene in the movie when Forest first learns that he is a daddy and he asks Jenny if he can watch cartoons with little Forest? This picture reminds me of that. How Forest and little Forest both lean their heads to the same side at the same time, just like father and son? I have my own big Forest and little Forest living right here with me.