Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Survivor



Frank ringing the bell after completing treatment at IU.


This is my baby brother Frank, or as we fondly call him Fifi. Just a little over two years ago he was diagnosed with cancer. What a shock for our family, but especially Frank. How could someone so young, full of life have cancer? I am sure that is a question Frank asked himself over and over. He was so brave, more brave than I think I could ever be in a situation like that. He fought with all his might and beat the ugly beast that tortured him for months. The picture above was taken two years ago today just as he completed his final treatment for cancer. I am proud to say he is healthy, happy and cancer free. You are a survivor Frank, I am proud to be your big sister. You are not only my baby brother, but one of my best friends and I love you.

Aub

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aub,

Today is a day to rejoice... not only is Frank cancer free, he seems happier than I can ever remember. We have a lot to be thankful for in our lives. Nothing makes me happier than for you and Frank to be close, and that your children are growning up close to their cousins.
I love you all to the moon and back.

Mauw