Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day #7

Today was another busy day for me.  We were given two hours to make additional items for our 3-tiered cake, shown how to attach flowers onto florist wire and then make a spray with them.  We practiced our handwriting with boiled icing and then made preparations for our final cake project, such as measuring and stacking. 

I am starting to get a little stressed now thinking of all of the items I still need to make for my final cake.  I was able to make my bees and ladybugs this morning (they are so cute, picture below) and started making other flowers but the icing was not being nice to me.  :)  I still have to make my picket fence, and a ton more flowers.  

I am also starting to wear down a little.  I am a little exhausted at this point.  I have had the time of my life here this past few days and wouldn't change anything about it.  But I can honestly say, I didn't realize how draining this would be on me physically and mentally.  I have seen icing and flowers, and cakes in my dreams.  Great news though, my mom, mother-in-law and the girls are coming up to Chicago Thursday evening so they can attend my graduation on Friday morning.  Yippee!!   I am so excited about this, you have no idea.  I wish Roy was able to come but he is super busy at work.  After all the doings on Friday, we are taking the girls to the American Girl Store in downtown Chicago.  I have been wanting to do this since Caroline was born.  So... here we come.  ( I better sell a cake soon to pay for my purchases to be at the AG store) .

Here are a few pictures from today...

A buzzing yellow bumble bee.


Little ladybugs


Handwriting practice board


Flower spray & message


My man sitting on a rock waiting to catch a fish.
See the kitty cat sitting on his shoulder?



2 comments:

Carrie said...

Aubrey...I know I just keep saying the same thing...but wow! So fun and really good! Only a couple days to go! You are not going to want to eat your cake when it's all done...you will have to preserve it!

And SO FUN that you get to go to the AG store! I've been wanting to do that with Emily...the girls {and mom!} will have a blast! Enjoy!

Amy said...

Aubrey,

It all looks so great!! I can't wait to see the final project. Hang in there, you are almost done!

And, how totally awesome that the girls are coming to see you. Have a GREAT time at the AG Store. It is sooo much fun!