Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day #8

Today was another busy one.  I skipped lunch and worked a straight 11 1/2 hours preparing for my final project cake.  (3 hours of that time was spent in my final gum paste class)  I believe I am ready for tomorrow.  The flowers are done, my basket handle is made, and the ribbon is on.  I still have a TON to do tomorrow, but I confident I can get it done. I have a vision in my head.  I just hope I can made my vision come to life. 

Today we spent the morning doing a birthday cake.  This cake is decorated with alot of the techniques we have learned over the past week and a half.  It isn't your typical birthday cake.  It was a great refresher and a great way to see our work on an actual cake and not on a flat board.

Not sure if I will get to post tomorrow night or not.  I will do my best.  The girls, my mama, and mother-in-law will be here to attend my graduation.  I can't wait to see those girls.  I miss them so much. 

I want to send out a big shout out to all of my friends and family who helped Roy and I with the girls while I have been gone.  I (we) couldn't have done this without your help and your support.  I see a big thank you cake in your future.  :)  Also, a HUGE thanks to my wonderful husband who made this opportunity possible for me.   I don't know how to say it enough, I LOVE YOU Boy!!

Okay enough mushy stuff,  here are pictures from today.

Sweet Pea cascade on my birthday cake.


Top and side view of the birthday cake.




Braided fondant basket handle for the 3-tier cake.


My finished gum paste orchid. 




3 comments:

Amy said...

The orchid is beautiful--actually, so is everything you've done is . Claire asked tonight if Miss Aubrey will ever be on Cake Boss. I said of course..you are well on your way. : )

Christine said...

I can not believe that orchid is edible! Seriously, that is amazing! I love, love, love the birthday cake too. Aubrey, I hope you are proud of all of your accomplishments these two weeks; you done spectacular things!

Carrie said...

The orchid is so real! LOVE that! enjoy your last couple of days and FUN fun with your girls! What an awesome experience you've had! You're going to be busy when you get home too with all the cake orders you're going to get :)