Monday, August 2, 2010

Days 5 & 6

Well the weekend has come and gone by so fast.  Friday was busy with class and then I was able to travel to Muncie for the weekend to visit with my most favorite girls, Caroline and Makenzie.  I returned to Chicago yesterday around 4:00pm, checked into my hotel (much better than last week - yuck) and hit the road for a little shopping at IKEA.  I knew what I needed and I was in and out of there is less than 25 minutes.  That is a record for me.  Since Friday evening was spent traveling, I wasn't able to blog so I am playing catch up right now. 

On Friday, we learned a couple more flowers.  The Primrose, Pansy (so fun), and Petunia.  We also spent the afternoon icing our three tiers for our final project cake.  I choose a 12" square botton tier, a 10" round tier, and a 6" top tier.  These tiers are all made out of styrofoam.  This might sound easy, but let me tell you, not so easy.  This will take some practice for sure, but I don't really see myself selling many styrofoam cakes.  (we are using these only for class purposes).  This task was completed with a little stress but I did it. 

Today we had two hours to prepare flowers for our project cake.  I am still deciding extactly what flowers I want.  Stay tuned for more info.  :)  We then learned the following flowers, the Mum, Daisy, Daffodil, and Bachelor Button. 

We are still busy learning alot of fun techinques but it is time get busy and get our final project started.  I have finally (after a few re-designs) decided what my final cake will look like.  I have a lot to prepare for so I brought some items back to the hotel with me to work on tonight.  I'm a busy, busy lady here.  No lounging around for me.  Ha!!

Here are a few photos from the past two days. 

Wild Roses on the left.
Primrose on the right.


Pansy


Heart made of color flow icing.


Piping Gel Butterfly


Daisy
Love this one!!


Stephanotis

2 comments:

Carrie said...

wow...those flowers looks life-like! you're doing so awesome...and what a great break to be with your sweet girls over the weekend! Sounds like you are having a really good time while you're there and learning so much! :)

Christine said...

Your daisies and the pansies w/ blue edges are my fav! You're are doing such a great job. I bet you were on Cloud 9 seeing the girls this weekend!