Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day #1

Well, day #1 is in the books.  I managed to pay attention for 12 hours on just 4 hours of sleep.  I just could not sleep last night.  I guess the antipication of today was getting to me.  Plus, I miss my hubby and the girls.  I only talked to them, I think, maybe 3 times today.  If I haven't said it yet, I miss them sooooo much.

Today was absolutely great.  There are about 18 women in class with me.  More than half are from different countries around the world.  We have some from Korea, Spain, South Africa and the Canary Islands.  Wow!   How awesome that these women have traveled so far to reach their dreams. 

We covered quite a bit today such as, making boiled icing (interesting, but I think I like it) and 8 different borders.  Or there might have been more, not sure.  I thought at one point my head was going to explode from information overload.  Below I have posted pictures of everything we did today. 

Wilton offers supplemental courses during the time the Masters Course is going on.  I signed up previously for "Fondant Figures" and "How to start your own business".  Today the opportunity came up for me to take a 4-night "Intro to Gum Paste" course.  I am so, so excited about this.   I can now make (of course, with more practice) all kinds of different flowers for wedding cakes, etc.. Pictures are posted below.

Thanks for checking out my blog and keeping up with my day to day activities.

This is an "e" motion border.


Lines, vines, and rosettes.
(still need some practice on this one)


Shell border with a flute.


Cornellie Lace


Bead border
(made to look like pearls)


Misc...
Shell, bead and cornelli lace


Intro to Gum Paste Class
Rose centers and the centers of a Cala Lilly


The middle of a daisy, coated in yellow sugar.


Leaves for our roses.


Smaller leaves.

No comments: