Monday, June 15, 2009

Little Artist

Caroline loves to draw, especially her family. She usually sticks to one color for everything. The bodies, arms, legs, hair, the sun and clouds are always the same color. I am trying to get her to come out of the box and express her artistic abilities with a newer color palette. She is always so proud of her drawings (as I am too) and wants to hang them all over the house. Why wouldn't you want everyone to see your beautiful drawings? It's like having your own private art museum.
Here she has drawn our family, all holding hands in a family portrait in the sunshine. I asked her why the cloud looked upset and she told me there was a storm on the way. Okay, better take cover. Putting on some finishing touches. The girls needed hair bows and daddy needed a little hair.
Now we are getting feet and shoes.
Cutting out her portrait to hang up.
I absolutely love this picture. Caroline is so clever and always an "Out of the Box Thinker". She drew our family, all holding hands, and then added stickers for our clothing. How cute is this? Roy has ballet shoes and a purse (something every man needs),I have a pretty tutu on, plus a princess crown and purse, Caroline has a tutu, purse, bow in her hair and a magic wand, and Makenzie has a purse and shoes on. What a beautiful family we have. I also love how she added a bouquet of flowers, like we were in a ballet recital. Caroline, our little artist.


1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love that...I hope you can always keep it! Makenzie is so little! LOL! Such a sweet picture! Emily keeps drawing pictures of me and her with ballet slippers and tap shoes on! So cute!