Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I think I'll just stay a kid

"Mommy, when I am a mommy, where will I get money?"

"Well, when you are married and have little babies, hopefully, you can stay home with your babies, just like me, and your husband will have a job and that's where you will get your money."  (Of course I said this the simplest way I could.  I could have gone into a lot more detail here, but remember I am talking to a 5-year old)

"Okay mommy.  Who do you think I will marry?"

"I don't know honey.  Who do you want to marry?"

"Nobody.  I think I will just stay a kid forever."

"Sounds good"

This was a conversation Caroline and I had on our way home from the grocery store this evening.  I got to thinking that maybe she would like to see mine and Roy's wedding video.  I asked her and she said sure.  We watched the video when we got home and she couldn't believe how little her cousins were and she kept asking where she was.  I don't think she quite understood, but that is okay.  Kenzie kept running around saying to Roy..."Mommy is getting married." 

Too funny!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That is the best...I love what kids say! I agree with her! And Makenzie is so funny! I don't even know where our wedding video is! haha!