Friday, January 8, 2010

If I was the mommy...

We had another snow day here in Indiana which meant no school for the girls.  I try my best to keep them occupied with things to do but today was a lazy day with lots of movies & down time.  Some days I just can't muster up the strength to play, play, play all day long.   I set the girls up in their camping tent in the living room with lots of fluffy pillows and blankets (this seems to be a reoccuring theme this week, doesn't it?) some oj and a cup of goldfish.  They were content to watch Monsters Inc. and I got some much needed work done around the house and with Mops. 

Here is one conversation I had with my oldest today...

"Mommy, can I have some more orange juice?"

"Not right now Caroline, it's getting too close to lunch.  Can you wait until then?"

"Please mommy, I want more orange juice now."

"Not right now.  You have to wait."

"If I was the mommy, I would give my kids orange juice and grape juice all day whenever they asked for it."

"You would, would you?  Well, I guess that makes you the best mommy in the world Caroline."

"The bestest mommy."

"Yep, the bestest.  But you still arent' getting any orange juice right now."

"Oh, alright then."

Fun times around here today. 

Roy brought home a PS2 game for he and Caroline to play this weekend.  It's been so funny to watch her learn how to use the controller and then tell Roy what to do. 



Caroline & Daddy playing Monsters Inc on the PS2.



Miss Kenzie in her purple leotard (I can't get her out of it) that she insists on wearing everyday, all day. 



She decided to use our Do-A-Dot markers on her face instead of the paper. 

It is supposed to be very cold here this weekend but the girls want to play outside in the snow with their daddy so bad.  I see a snowman in our future.  Stay tuned....






1 comment:

Carmom said...

You'll hae to remind her of your conversation when she has children of her own. So funny! I love lazy snow days. I just wish we had the snow to go with the lazy no school day.