Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Back in the Blogging World

Wow, it's great to be back in the blogging world. It's been a month since my last post and I have missed writing everyday. For those of you that know me, being without my computer has been really, really hard. Within a 24 hour time span, our refrigerator died (needed a new compressor) and my hard drive died in my three-year old computer. How is the possible? I thought maybe we had an alien living in the house destine to destroy everything I depended on. We were without our fridge for 9 days, living out of three coolers and eating out a lot. Needless to say, our eating habits for those 9 days took a turn for the worst. The girls loved it though. I honestly think, they think that french fries is it's own food group. I was so happy to have my fridge back up and running. I don't think I would have done very well in the olden days. I am definitely no Laure Ingalls.
As for my computer, it just died. Nothing could be recovered from it. That made me pretty sad. I lost a lot of files, including all my recipes, three months worth of pictures, all my Mops materials, and personal files like journaling I did for the girls. We do have an external hard drive and I did back-up but only my photos. Lesson learned for sure. For all of you readers, back-up your files as often as you can.
Some good things did come out of having no fridge and no computer. My house hasn't been this clean in a long, long time. All of our windows were washed, inside and out which hasn't been done since we have lived here. I cleaned my oven, cleaned & scrubbed the fridge, mopped all of my floors and got the cobwebs down from the ceilings and walls. I was like a mad women cleaning every inch of this house. I believe my family thought I had lost my mind.
I also learned that not having my computer was a good thing. I spent more time with the girls, playing and reading books more than we normally do. I wasn't in here checking my email every 5 minutes or looking at Facebook to see if I had any new "Friends". I actually made phonecalls instead of sending emails and I wrote a few notes as well.
So... as awful as having some major appliances go wacko on me for a few days, it wasn't so bad. I also learned that I could depend on my neighbors when things got tough around here. (Thank you to Sherry for lending us her fridge and freezer for 9 days - you are awesome.)
I've missed my blogging family and I look forward to sharing all of the happenings of the Smith family with you again. We had Easter Egg hunts, birthday parties (4 of them) and I have a lot of Wordless Wednesdays to share with you. Stay tuned for more. :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Yippee! I've missed you! ;)

I think I need to hide my computer for a few days so I can clean like crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are blogging again,I missed reading it.
Mammy