Friday, February 20, 2009

What a difference a day makes

Do you ever have one of those days where you wake up knowing it's going to be one of those days? I did yesterday. I was feeling out of sorts all day. In others words, I was CRABBY!!! And when I am crabby the girls seem to feed off of that and they get cranky, crabby, bossy and sassy right along with me. Wow, not fun. We made it through the day with a few timeouts, (and a few for me as well) a lot of yelling and repeating of the wonderful word NO. Makenzie is now climbing on our coffee table and attempting to jump off. This is not good. I bet I told her NO a few thousand times yesterday, along with taking her off of the coffee table just that many times. Caroline was just being Caroline - loud, sassy and head strong. Needless to say, I had the girls in bed at 7:40 last night and all was quite. They both zonked out within minutes and I was right along with them.
Wow, what a difference a day makes along with a good nights sleep. We had a wonderful, fun, playful, exciting day. I decided to just let the house be as it is and I played all day with the girls. We made tents, did crafts, watched a movie, colored with markers and crayons, danced in the living room, and then I treated them to Applebees for dinner. We had so much fun together. The girls played great all day, and there was a lot of hugging and kissing and sharing. Caroline even told me thank you for the french fries and lemonade at Applebees. How sweet was that!
I realize as I write this, I just need to let go of my need to have a clean, clutter free house and spend more quality time with my girls. I know this time in their lives is going to go by so fast and I don't want to miss it. I have made a promise to myself and my girls to do less household chores during the day and do more playing. The chores will always be there waiting for me, but playtime with my girls won't.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I know the feeling! When Mom's cranky, everyone's cranky! I even apologized to Alex last night at bedtime for yelling at him and telling him to do something so many times, and he said, "That's ok" Such a sweetheart :) I'm counting down the days to Spring! And, I know I keep changing my blog! I think I'm done (for awhile!) I keep finding backgrounds I like better :) ha ha!