Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day - Where is Bob Gregory when you need him?




I was able to take the girls outside today to play in the snow a little. We have never done this before. It was quite a task, especially on my end. A turtleneck for each girl, sweatpants, long socks, snow pants, coats, hats, gloves, boots and scarves. Goodness, I felt like we were heading on a climb to the top of Mt. Everest. Once I was able to get them dressed, it was my turn. I had two snow bunnies running around the house waiting for mommy to get her act together. We finally made it outside and they were stunned at the mountains of snow daddy had made just for them. Daddy is so good, out at 5:45 am to shovel the driveway just so his girls could play outside today. Anyway...the girls had a ball. Caroline made her first snow angel and Makenzie got her first taste of the white fluff we call snow. We headed back in for a warm bath (it was bath day anyway) and a nice hot cup of cocoa. I loved spending another day of "firsts" with my girls.

1 comment:

Carmom said...

Hey, Aubrey! I'm so glad you and the girls enjoyed the snow today. After the inicedent this morning Abby didn't want to go back outside. Gabe and I shoveled the drive though. I didn't take enough pictures! But I did get them all making snow angels. Welcome to blogland.