Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Recipe for the day

In my quest to be a better chef, I have started compiling all of my favorite recipes into a folder on my computer. I thought I would take the time everyday to share a few favorites with all of you. I would love a recipe from all of you too, so feel free to share.

I have made this several times, but just recently came across the recipe again. This is a favorite in our household. Enjoy!

Aub’s Enchilada Casserole

2 cans enchilada sauce
1 ½ lbs ground beef
1 tsp garlic salt
½ tsp onion powder
1 can refried beans
1 pkg corn tortillas (I prefer the little rounds from Tostitos)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

In large skillet, brown ground beef, garlic salt & onion powder. Drain fat. Mix refried beans and ½ cup of enchilada sauce to the ground beef mixture.

Dip enough chips in enchilada sauce to cover bottom of 2 quart casserole dish. Spoon half of the meat mixture, covering the tortillas. Spread ½ cup of both cheeses over the meat. Arrange another layer of tortilla chips covered in enchilada sauce over the meat & cheese mixture. Spoon remaining meat over chips and cover with a final layer of sauce covered tortilla chips. Pour any remaining sauce over chips and cover with remaining cheeses.

Cover with foil and bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sour cream.

2 comments:

Carmom said...

I also post recipes on my blog. It's usually on a Tuesday which I call Tasty Tuesday. Head over to my blog anytime.

Aubrey said...

Hey Carmen - your blog is the reason I started my blog. I love it!! I hope you don't mind, you were good inspriration for me. I have wanted to do it for awhile now and just haven't had time.