Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Big Girl #2

Makenzie started preschool yesterday.  She had a wonderful day making new friends, getting to know her teachers and loving snack time (of course).  We had a little trouble getting ready in the morning.  For those of you who know Miss Makenzie well, she is kind of a "fashionista".   She loves to pick out her own clothes and shoes and it totally drives me CRAZY..   She is only 2 - how can she know what she wants to wear?    I gave her two choices the night before, she picked one that I liked, thank goodness, and then changed her mind in the morning.  Well, mommy wasn't having it.  It truly was a struggle to get her dressed. In the end, guess who won?  That's right, Mommy.   She looked so cute and she eventually got over not wearing her standard pink flimsy tank top and skirt.  Hopefully when the cooler weather arrives we won't have this problem.

Doesn't she look so cute?
I love that big smile.


On the way to school, it was pretty quiet in the car so I turned to Kenzie and I said...

"I love you baby".

"Don't call me baby.  I'm a big girl now".

Wow, I didn't expect that answer.  But she is right.  She is getting so big, so fast.  Before I know it, I will be putting her on the school bus for her first day of kindergarten. 

ps- she went pee pee in the potty twice yesterday!!  Yeah!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Awwwwww...she is SO CUTE! I love it...I know what it's like not to get to pick clothes out, haha!

It's so hard to believe they grow up so fast :( She really is getting to be a big girl! Glad she had a great day and way to go on the potty! ;)