Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Name

Hello all... it's been quite awhile since I have posted to my blog.   I love this time of year, the hot summer days for swimming and eating slushies, sweet corn, spending time with family and friends and all of the kids numerous activities.  But all of this can leave a mom pretty tired.  Isn't it funny, we shouldn't be tired, the kids should be.  Oh no, not mine.  They keep going and going like little Energizer Bunnies.  They are sleeping peacefully in their beds right now and mommy actually has time to read a few blogs and to update her own blog. 

As you have noticed, I made a little name change.  The name change has two meanings for me.  First of all, being the mama to two beautiful girls is definitely THE ICING ON THE CAKE.  And secondly, I leave soon for my two week Master's Course at Wilton's Decorating School.  I am going to be buried in icing, learing all kind of techniques to decorate cakes.  I have always liked to bake and only dreamed of owning my own bakery.  With the support of my wonderful husband, hopefully this dream will become a reality.  Of course, right now, it's only baby steps to my dream.  Baby steps to big dreams, right?

So... I hope you will keep returning to my blog to see the every day life of a stay-at-home mom to two crazy girls and see some of my cake creations. 

Many Blessings to all of you.

Aub

1 comment:

Carmom said...

Aub- I have missed your blogging. I love the new name for your blog. It fits so well. I look forward to seeing more pictures of your cakes as you go on. They have been so awesome. I have looked into Wilton classes here because of you. I haven't been able to make it work yet but hope to soon. Take care.