Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cowboy Up

"Happy Birthday Sam" banner with cowboy hat and rope.

Cowboy boot cake.

Hello there! It's been a while since I have posted on my blog. Life has been crazy busy around here in the Smith household - preschool and Mops functions, business trips for Roy, rummage sales, play dates, cake decorating and the doings of our everyday life.

I can't believe Caroline will have her last day of preschool this week and that in just a short 2 1/2 months she will be entering kindergarten. The time has flown by so fast. I am so proud of her. She has excelled in preschool, already reading, writing, and she is so inquisitive. That girl can't go 2 minutes without asking me a question, about any and everything. Half the time I have to reply, "I think we need to ask daddy the answer to that one". I know she will do well in school but I will miss her so much.

Makenzie will finish her first year of preschool tomorrow. She has made some good friends at preschool, their names are Ava and Leo (pronounced Layo) and she loves her teachers Miss Karen and Miss Gayle. I feel she has learned alot but am anxious to get to over to the preschool Caroline attended for the past three years. There is just something about familiarity that makes things seem better. I know she will excel there just as Caroline did. Makenzie loves to sing, loves to wear dresses and pjs (the minute we get home), princesses and Chex Mix. I know for sure she will have her new teachers on their toes next year.


Okay, the point of this post was this... the pictures posted at the top. I have been having the hardest time lately getting blogspot to do what I want. I think I need some training. I wanted the pictures here, but can't get them to move.
Anyway, enjoy!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Love the cake! It turned out so cute! Alex wants to have a roller skating birthday soon...do you make 'roller skate' cakes?

anyway...blogger kept putting my pictures at the top every time I added one...but I had to put the cursor at the end of each photo to get it right...I know that doesn't make sense...but it worked for me! It can be really stubborn some days!

I can't believe school is coming to an end either. Alex and Emily will be gone all day! 1st and 2nd grade! It goes too fast! Hope to get together this summer :) See you soon!