Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wal*Mart

Caroline and I ran some errands this evening and of course one of our stops was Walmart.  She asked me why Walmart was called WalMart.  Here is our conversation...

Caroline..."Mommy, why is it called Walmart?"

Me..."Because the man that opened the first Walmart was named Sam Walton so I am sure he wanted to use his name in the store somehow, so he called it Walmart."

Caroline..."No, I think it is named Walmart so you don't forget to bring your Wal-let."  get it{wallet}

How true!!!


2 comments:

Carrie said...

Walmart has become like Target for me...I'm there all the time and can't just go and get what I'm supposed to be there for...especially with Emily! I could definitley use an extra wallet when I go there! haha! That Caroline is always thinking! Such a smart Cookie! :)

Anonymous said...

That's my girl.....

Love,

Mauw