Monday, March 1, 2010

Birthdays

We spent the weekend in Muncie celebrating my family's March birthdays.  We have three in total.  My nephew Mason, turns 8 this week, my sister-in-law Mandy, and then me later in the month.  (notice I left Mandy's and my age out - that is on a need to know basis)  It is also Makenzie's half birthday, which happens to be on my birthday as well. 

We always celebrate together with a no non-sense meal, yummy bbq, veggies & dip, potato salad, chips and of course CAKE.   We all always have such a good time, telling stories and catching up.  It is so hard living away from my parents and brother and keeping up with everyone's lives.  I love this time when we can all be together.  The best part is all the cousins playing and laughing together.

Birthday boy, Mason!


A great big hug for Mauw, from Caroline & Kenzie!


Opening more presents. 
Notice Makenzie's party attire - a leotard.  :)


The boys... Frank, Roy, Cole Ray and Papaw.


Mandy Jo


Caroline and Mandy





Birthday Cake - yum-o!


Make a wish Mason!


The best part of the party is getting to eat the cake. 


My Kenzie turned blue - what happened?


The birthday club -
Aub, Mandy & Mason!


She partied just a little too hard.


The party seemed to be missing something or someone I should say.  My grandma would have celebrated her 90th birthday on March 5th.  She loved being with her family and she loved to eat her cake.  Happy Birthday to you too Granny.    We love and miss you everyday. 

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That's so fun to look forward to celebrating all the March birthdays! Emily's is on Thursday! I can't believe it's been another year already :(

I love Mason's Nerf ammo, haha! And Makenzie is too cute in her leotard :) Glad you had a great weekend! It goes too fast!

Anonymous said...

I love our birthday gatherings too. This one was bitter sweet, but I know Granny was with us the whole time eyeing that cake...
I don't like the "Goodbye Day".

Love,

Mauw