Sunday, March 28, 2010

Are you still there?

Hello all!   It has been quite awhile since I have sat down at my computer to blog.  A lot has been happening in Auba's World.  We have had many birthday celebrations this month and they continue on into April with Roy, my mother-in-law Jeannie, and Caroline.  Both of the girls were on spring break from preschool and we kept pretty busy with a lot of fun activities.  I am so thankful we had nice weather during that week.  We spent a lot of time outside and at the park.  Caroline had her 5-year pictures taken a week ago and they are so adorable.  And lastly, I started the first course of  The Wilton Cake Decorating class offered at Hobby Lobby.  There are four courses and my plan is to take all of them.  I start course three on April 8th.  Yes, that seems out of order but the second course is on Wednesday's when Roy plays golf.  Priorities people!   The third couse is the one I am looking most forward to.  It is all about learning to work with fondant and tiered cakes.  I am really hyped about these classess.  My hope is to do cakes while the girls are at school to make some extra cash but still be available to volunteer in their classrooms and tag along on some field trips. 

Here are a few photos of all of our happenings this month...

Roy and I celebrated our birthdays together (mine on March 10th, his on April 1st)
by a night out and dinner at St. Elmo's Steakhouse.


Caroline and her best buddy, Maggie. 
We enjoyed a day of shopping and a quick stop at Apple Works.


Carolines's 5th Birthday photo shoot.
She certainly doesn't look 5 does she? 
She looks like she is 10!!!


Love the dimple!


My sassy girl!


Cake number one.
Not too big on clowns, but it turned out pretty cute.


My whole reason for taking course number one again... the roses.
I think I might have mastered it this time.  But I think I still need some practice.


Final cake


The student with her diploma and final cake.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Aubrey...awesome cakes! That is so exciting and fun! GREAT job! you've been busy! i love Caroline's hat...she does look so much older :) So cute! Miss you lots...hope to see you soon! Seems like we're always busy too...ready for summer!

Carmom said...

So cool! I would love to do that but between my sewing and other crafting I don't think I could afford another hobby! And I think Matt would kill me. If I were still living in Columbus I would ask you to make a cake for me in a heart beat. Miss you!!!