Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

We had the pleasure of spending time with good friends on Friday night and our host made the most delicious soup.  I am sure she won't mind if I share the recipe with you.  Spread the love, right?

ITALIAN VEGETABLE SOUP


1 lb ground beef
1 cup diced onion
1 cup sliced celery
1 cup sliced carrots
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 - 16 oz can tomatoes
1 - 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 - 15 oz can kidney beans
2 cups water
5 tsp tsp beef bouillon granules
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp sweet basil
1/2 sp oregano
1 tsp salt
1 T dry parsley flakes

Brown beef & drain grease - add water, vegetables and spices. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.

ADD:
2 C shredded cabbage
1 C green beans (I usually add a pint)
l/2 C macaroni

Bring to boil, lower to simmer till tender. To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

Carmom said...

I love a good soup, especially when it is cold. I will have to try this soon. Maybe this week. I haven't made my grocery list yet.

Carrie said...

Sounds good! I need to try some new things! Maybe I should just come for dinner instead, haha! Miss you!