Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1st

My oh my, how time does fly by. I can't believe how much my life has changed in the last ten years. I remember how ten years ago, the world was in agony over how we would survive the year 2000. So many people piling up canned goods, batteries, flash lights and water to survive the end - maybe? Do you remember all of the talk about how every computer might crash or take a life on all of it's own, all because the clock would turn over January 1, 2000. Well, we all made it another decade without the world ending or computers crashing. Thank goodness!
The date January 1, 2000 changed my life forever in ways I never expected. My first husband announced he was leaving me and moving in with his father. Talk about shock, my world did come to an end. To this day, I still do not know the reason he left, and at this point in my life, I don't really care to know. All I know now is, that life changing moment on January 1, 2000 set forth so many wonderful life changing events into motion. Of course, I couldn't see anything but hurt, sadness and often times hatred for the next year or so but I started to come back to life and want to see my future.
These are the events of the last ten years that changed my life forever...
1. I met the love of my life on March 16, 2003. Roy, I love you more and more everyday we share this life together.
2. I was blessed with my first daughter, Caroline on April 22, 2005. I love your sweet smile, your huge blue eyes and your love of creativity.
3. I was blessed with my second daughter, Makenzie on September 10, 2007. I love your sense of humor, your huge blue eyes, and your love of all things crunchy. :)
4. My mom and dad who are the best. Your love of family is so strong. You both have taught me so much and I am forever thankful.
5. My brother Frank, who has survived so much these past ten years as well, but came out a fighter and stronger than ever. He too has married the love of his life, Mandy. I am super proud of you Frank.
6. My second nephew Mason was born on March 5, 2002. He shares a birthday with his great-grandma Nell.
7. We have made Columbus our home. We both miss our families and our hometowns, but feel like Columbus is our home now and a wonderful place to raise our girls. I am thankful for all of the friends I have made and for being a part of such a wonderful community of moms in my Mops group.
8. My second family, The Smiths, McAvoy's and Foland's. Thank you for welcoming me into your family.
9. I'm thankful for the hurt I suffered during my divorce only because I really learned who I was and what I was capable of accomplishing. As much as it hurt, I would do it all over again to be here today.
10. Tammy Mammy, I couldn't ask for anyone better. Your unconditional love, faith and support have gotten me through so much.
I have lost some important people in my life these past ten years as well. I miss them all dearly. They all played a part in shaping me into the person I am today.
*Grandma & Grandpa Boling - your love of family is still alive today.
*Jennifer Robbins, we both went through hell together and you showed me how to survive.
*My step-grandfather Lester. He loved life so much and always had a joke up his sleeve. He taught me to not take life so seriously and laugh a little.
*And lastly, my Grandma Nell who passed away in May. There isn't a day, an hour that she doesn't cross my mind. I miss her so much. Every night when I sing "You are my Sunshine" to my little girls, it's like you are singing right along with me.
I look forward to the next tens years no matter what it brings. We can choose to live with what life throws us or just give up. Don't ever give up, it's not worth it. You never know what might be waiting for you around the corner.
Happy New Year to all of you. I hope that this year is the best yet.
God Bless,
Aubrey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok,It's not nice to make me cry.
Mammy