Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fort Day

It is still blistering cold here in Indiana, which means we are inside and trying to find creative things to do to occupy our time.  Today we built a fort in our playroom.  We have never done this (mainly because I am a control freak and don't want the mess)  but we had fun trying to figure out how many chairs, blankets, pillows and blankets we would need.  But the biggest decision was... what movie to watch?  The Backyardigans Super Spy. 


Having lunch in the fort...



Every fort needs a lantern right?  


All cozy and comfy with tons of blankets, fluffy pillows and a good movie. 

Happy Fort Day!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love it, Aubrey! I'm with you...our house is usually a mess, but it's hard to let them get all the chairs and pillows and blankets out and out of place...but that looks SO FUN! Good for you! I wish we were still on break, it was back to school today for us :( The kids would love to build a fort...maybe this weekend! They are so cute and snuggly!

Shannon said...

I remember making forts all the time when I was little...so much fun! I need to do this more with my little one's. I hear ya when it comes to being a clean/control freak. I often think to myself, "Do I want to deal with the mess?" I just may have to be making some forts myself! Thanks for the idea.

Happy Wednesday!

Carmom said...

So much fun!! We haven't done this in forever. I might have to encourage this tomorrow since school is oing to be closed. I love how snuggly you all made everything.