Monday, November 9, 2009

Smokey the Bear


We had such a beautiful day yesterday. The weather was so nice, the sun was shining, and there wasn't a rain drop in sight. Roy and I took the girls to the local state park for a picnic, sight seeing and trail walking. All of the leaves have already fallen off of the trees but it was still so beautiful. I love taking in the sights the Lord created for us. All of His beauty surrounds us and we need to take time to enjoy it.

We took the girls on the "Friendly Trail" which is paved and has a little old house along the way that they love so much. Before you enter the trail there is a big sign with Smokey the Bear on it. I am sure you all remember who he is right? The forest fire bear. The last time we were there, I explained to Caroline what Smokey the Bear teaches about being the forest and preventing forest fires. When Roy asked her yesterday what Smokey the Bear teaches, her response was this... "He teaches you to smoke." I wish I could have seen the look on my face. We both replied with a chuckle and told her... "Smokey teaches you how not to start fires and that smoking is very, very bad". (Papaw are you reading this)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny! I love how they remember things and interpret them! I am laughing right now, so cute! Emily wants bunk beds for Christmas and we rearranged her room today and she said we were making room for the 'bumper' beds! haha! I hope she's not too disappointed when she doesn't get them!