Sunday, October 11, 2009

Caroline & Taylor Swift

Caroline loves to listen to music and just happens to like country music like her daddy and I. When I heard that Taylor Swift was coming to town, the tickets couldn't go on sale fast enough. Caroline loves Taylor and especially loves to sing her song "Our Song". Only Caroline has always called it the "Mama Don't Know" song. So cute!!
I know that at 4-years old, that may be a little too young for a concert. I asked if she wanted to go and she said yes. Of course she did!! I'm sure she didn't understand the concept of a concert or that she actually wouldn't see Taylor in person, but I just couldn't resist. What a fun experience for us to share together.

I loved seeing her face when we walked to our seats (almost 20 rows from the top) and seeing her assess her surroundings. I loved that she wanted to look around with the binoculars, eat her giant pretzel with cheese and get to drink Sprite in her own huge cup. When the music began, she stood up and danced her little heart out. Too bad she wasted all that energy on the opening act. By the time Taylor made it to the stage, Caroline was still excited, still doing some dancing and still using the binoculars. At the fourth song, she told me she was ready to go home and see daddy. I knew it. I didn't expect anything less from my 4-year old. She had a new experience, had fun and was ready to get back home. She finally curled up on my jacket in her seat and fell asleep. (I wasn't ready to leave - Mommy likes Taylor too.)
Thank you for a wonderful evening Caroline, you too Taylor. You Rock!!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Oh that is so sweet! I'm glad you could still have a good time and she had an awesome time! I can't believe she could sleep there! What a great memory! I hope you get to see her again together!