Friday, July 17, 2009

Bunnies, Chickens and Turkey's - Oh My!!

What a sweet little bunny!
We've never seen a chicken like this before.
Is that a chicken or a rooster? Not sure, I'm a city girl.

Okay, I admit I have never seen a turkey up close before. They really aren't the prettiest animals around. That thing that hangs off of their nose, whoa - not pretty.
We took the girls to our local fair last night to enjoy the food, ride, animals and all of the fun 4-H activities taking place. Makenzie was really interested in seeing the animals first off. On the ride to the fair, all we heard was "Animals coming". (Translation - I'm coming to see you animals.) We headed straight for the barns and found the bunnies, chickens, ducks, roosters and the turkeys. All along the way Makenzie was doing her best animal sounds. It was so cute!! There was one particular turkey who wanted to join in on the fun and do his best Gobble, Gobble, Gobble. That turkey scared the living daylights out of Makenzie. I've never seen a child try to get out of her stroller as fast as she did. She let out the biggest cry ever. I felt so bad for her, but I couldn't help but laugh either. We had not idea a turkey could be so scary.

No comments: