Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Roy!

Salt Lake City, Utah

February 2008


Today is Roy's 40th Birthday. The BIG 4-0!! Roy has been grumbling about turning 40 for the past two or three months now. It's a milestone birthday for sure, but he keeps saying he is an old man now and that he has one foot in the grave. I keep telling him he is crazy. Easy for me to say, I'm not 40 yet. I remember the year I turned 30 and I was not happy about it at all. I whined and cried and said I was going to hide. But... 6 days after my 30th birthday, I met the love of my life. Yep, you guessed it, Roy. That was the best year of my life. Not only was it a milestone birthday for me, but a milestone year as well.


Roy, you changed my life and have given me the most precious gifts of all, your love and our two precious daughters. I hope today as you reflect on your last 40 years, you remember all that you have accomplished and those who love you dearly. The next 40 years will be the best of your life. I can guarantee it. You have so many things to look forward to. I love you Roy, Happy Birthday.

I think Ill take a moment, celebrate my age

The ending of an era and the turning of a page

Now its time to focus in on where I go from here

Lord have mercy on my next forty years

(taken from Tim McGraw's song My Next 30 Years)

I hope he doesn't mind I change the lyrics just a little.

3 comments:

Carmom said...

It's amazing how we focus on the turning of an age. I hope that I can continue to focus on my life instead of how old I am. Happy Birthday, Roy!!

Anonymous said...

We've only known Roy for 6 of his 40 years, but those 6 have centainly been an adventure, with many more to come. If we could have hand picked a son in law , he would be the one. (Lucky guy) He sets the bar pretty high in all categories and excells in everything he does. We're even willing to let that Matt Kenseth thing slide, at least on his 40th birthday...
So Happy Birthday Roy - We love you..
Mauw & Papaw

Carrie said...

Happy Birthday! I feel the same about age! I went and bought a cart full of anti-wrinkle products this week! LOL! I'm sure he is still a big kid, though :) You are blessed to have each other!