Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

















A Smith Family Valentine's Day.

We had a wonderful Valentine's Day together this year. The girls both received a package in the mail from their grandparents in Muncie. Caroline was so excited and well, Kenzie didn't quite get it. Maybe next year. Anyway... they both received a new Valentine book and a pink fuzzy purse. Thank you so much Mauw and Papaw.

Roy and I were able to enjoy a nice dinner out with friends. The church that hosts our Mops group converts one of their community rooms into a real-live restaurant and they call it Grazianos. They served Italian food and also provided free childcare. Who could beat that? I have never taken advantage of this opportunity and am sorry I haven't until now. We will definitely be back next year. The meal is free, however donations were accepted to help their youth program at the church. It was so great to see all of the teenagers there working towards their goal for the youth program.

Afterwards, we treated the girls to ice cream at Dairy Queen. Makenzie has become a "Do It Yourselfer" these days. The girls both got an ice cream sundae, Caroline had strawberry (her favorite) and Makenzie had plain old vanilla. We let Makenzie feed herself these days, with help of course. Well, I found out she doesn't like help with her ice cream. I tried several times to hold the bowl for her so it wouldn't move around. She wasn't having it. I wasn't allowed anywhere near her ice cream. She also likes to bite the plastic spoons. She went through three spoons for one little ice cream sundae. Crazy, crazy girl.

This Valentine's Day wasn't romantic or fancy, but that is just the way I like it. Dinner with my husband and new friends, the kids having fun, and being with my family. That is all that matters.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Aubrey, I love your hair, Melisa did a great job! I'm going to have to schedule an appointment! So nice that you had such a good time :) Hope to see you this week!